1. General planning and preliminary design:
- Arrange for a survey of site.
- Arrange for foundation investigation (soil tests).
- Initial discussions with Architect/Client to determine design criteria.
- Gathering of Local Authority requirements.
- Sketch plans and alternative designs.
- Cost Estimates.
2. Drawing work:
- Preparation of working drawings with regard to Structural and Civil projects.
- Preparation of Structural Steel workshop drawings.
3. Design work:
- Design of concrete, structural steel, timber and masonry work.
- Design of civil services (water, sewer, storm water, roads, earthworks)
4. Reinforcement detailing:
- Preparation of reinforcement layouts and bending schedules.
- Preparation of tender documentation (Bill of Quantities and Specifications).
- Request for tenders.
- Tender Evaluation & Recommendations.
6. Contract Administration:
- Processing of payment certificates.
- Site meetings. (Chairman)
- Compiling site meeting minutes.
- Progress and cost reports.
7. Site Supervision:
- Steel inspections.
- Monitoring of concrete cube tests and soil density tests.
- Monitoring of pressure tests on water and sewer lines.
- Monitoring of progress with regards to an approved construction programme and cash flow forecast.
- Measuring of work done for purpose of payment certificates.
- General site supervision.
8. Project Management:
- General co-ordination and management of internal disciplines as well as those of the entire professional team.
- Leader of Professional team.
- General investigations and reporting on cracks, failures, etc. (Structures)
- Evaluation/Analysis of existing structures with regards to additional loads where extensions are planned.
- Investigations of Road Defects, etc.